Plugin xep_0199 - Ping pluging

Tito Alfonsin

Nov 3, 2010, 2:09:49 PM11/3/10
to SleekXMPP Discussion
Hi,

I've kept developing my xmpp client and I've had some issues to keep
the xmpp stream open. It always got closed after 6 minutes...

The problem was the Openfire server didn't recognize the IQ pings and
the stream was closed by inactivity.

The culprit was in the xep_0199 plugin, I've created a patch that
solves the problem. It's currently working for the master branch.

This is the link to the patch file

http://pastebin.com/kKmx9Guq

If there is another way to send you these patches to get them merged
please tell me.

Best regards

Lance Stout

Nov 3, 2010, 2:12:50 PM11/3/10
to sleekxmpp-...@googlegroups.com
Tito,

It seems a lot of people have been trying to use the ping plugin recently. The namespace issues you've been having were fixed earlier this morning in the develop branch. The other two I will add in now, again in the develop branch.

Thanks,

Lance

Heberth Vargas

Jul 7, 2019, 7:21:47 PM7/7/19
to SleekXMPP Discussion
why using
client.register_plugin('xep_0199', {'keepalive': True, 'interval': 10, 'timeout': 30})
It always got closed after 6 minutes
what am i doing wrong ?

El miércoles, 3 de noviembre de 2010, 13:12:50 (UTC-5), Lance Stout escribió:
Tito,

It seems a lot of people have been trying to use the ping plugin recently. The namespace issues you've been having were fixed earlier this morning in the develop branch. The other two I will add in now, again in the develop branch.

Thanks,

Lance
Message has been deleted