service component joining and sending groupchat messages

Les Smithson

Mar 31, 2018, 2:39:15 PM3/31/18
to sleekxmpp-...@googlegroups.com

Hi:

I am developing a xmpp gateway using slackxmpp. I have a working
prototype that extends ComponentXMMP and uses it to send chat messages
from/to any jid in the component's domain. Now I'm trying to extend
this to send groupchat messages, but I'm having trouble getting it to
work.

Before I start putting together sample code and debug logs, is it even
possible for a component to post groupchat messages? If so. what
should it use for the mfrom/mto parameters for the xep0045 joinMUC and
send_message calls?

Is there any example code around that shows how a component can send
groupchat messages?

Note that this is not an echobot type thing. Its sending messages from
an external source , mapping the external userids to jid in the
component's domain and sending chat/groupchat messages.

And if it makes a difference, I'm testing with a prosody server.

Thanks for any pointers you can give.

--
Les Smithson