threading, slack and websockets

Les Smithson

Apr 11, 2018, 4:03:05 PM4/11/18
to sleekxmpp-...@googlegroups.com

Hi:

With the imminent demise of slack's xmpp gateway, I wrote my own using
slack's python-slackclient package and sleekXMPP. This all works very
well but for one thing: it pegs the CPU at 100%

I tried calling the blocking slack API in its own thread and run
slackXMPP in the main thread, and vice versa, but both ways peg the
CPU.

The slack API uses the websocket-client package, which I think is
multi-threaded. Should sleekXMPP and websockets play nicely together?

Is there an alternative to running one or other of slack or sleekXCMPP in its own thread?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

--
Les Smithson