Hummingbird ID

katej841

Apr 13, 2016, 3:30:08 PM4/13/16
to SLBirders
Hi everyone.. I know (because eBird tells me when I do data entry) that hummingbirds are rare at this time of year, but we do start seeing them in early April (east bench near Parley's Canyon), and usually until mid-October. I've attached a couple of pictures (you can see the plum tree blossoms in the background). I think from the eye ring that this is a broad-tailed, but I'm not sure, so if any of you are experts on hummers I'd be grateful for your observations.  Anyone who'd like to have a look is welcome, we have a nice seating area where the feeder is readily visible. thanks a lot....
IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_1968.JPG

katej841

Apr 13, 2016, 3:31:16 PM4/13/16
to SLBirders
oh, and I also have an mp3 recording i made last night, you can hear the bird clearly (but you also would have to listen to my phone conversation in the background... lesson learned on that)