Unable to boot Slax.

Dave Coventry

Jul 2, 2024, 9:12:33 AMJul 2
to slax-...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to run Slax off a USB on my laptop without success.

I have downloaded slax-64bit-debian-12.2.0.iso and copied the /slax/ directory onto my 64G USB stick as instructed. Running the bootinsst.sh script as root appears to make the USB bootable as no errors are generated.

However, when I select the USB partition from the Bios, I simply get a blank screen which remains so until I eventually switch off.

I have tried installing from a Windows 10 machine and running bootinst.bat as Administrator, but the result is exactly the same.

I am not a Newb and have used previous versions of Slax without issue.

I can't be the only one with this problem?

Regards,

Dave