Where are all the pre-built Slax modules?

Cory Stephen Gledhill

Mar 31, 2024, 9:31:43 PMMar 31
to slax-...@googlegroups.com
I used Slax years ago and I downloaded many modules which were installed at boot time. A google search for "slax modules" shows ...

...but it redirects to the Slax homepage. Are the pre-built modules still available somewhere?

Thanks,
Cory

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

parrothead

Apr 1, 2024, 5:21:21 PMApr 1
to Slax users
Have you read the documentation at slax.org?  Pre-built modules are no longer needed because you can now easily install packages through the Debian or Slackware package manager.  At least for Debian, (maybe Slackware?) this is a huge plus because dependencies are automatically satisfied.  If you prefer having separate bundles for various applications, you can create standalone ones using the unofficial apt2sb script here:

The resulting bundles are created in the "/" directory and you can then move them to a directory of your choosing on your hard disk, and activate them as you need to with slax activate /path/to/bundle.  Or of course put them in the modules directory on your Slax boot flash drive and they will be loaded on bootup.

Pat

Chris X

Apr 30, 2024, 9:02:53 AMApr 30
to Slax users
https://github.com/Chris-Scot/slax-static

Build modules & tamper before committing to squashfs.

For example, if you are tight on space and it is software you know well, you may want to remove all the man pages.