Slatwall V5 IIS Windows Servers

Chris Kent

Feb 10, 2020, 4:01:14 AM2/10/20
to Slatwall Commerce
Hi,

There have been a number of posts in the past where issues where being reported running or upgrading to Slatwall V5 on Windows servers, probably IIS. I had not encountered this as I am usually using some variant of Docker/Linux/NGINX.

But recently had a client that has multiple sites hosted on the same server(s) where some of the Slatwall V5 sites would display similar issues that I remember being reported in the past. These issues resulting in issues including:
  • Not being able to see order items in the order inquiry
  • Not see/select entities in list views, this could be the main list view or as a selection tab on another entity.
If you were and are still affected by this and would like to run Slatwall V5 reply here and I will get details of wheat was changed on the IIS server to get around the issue.

Chris.

David Barth

Feb 10, 2020, 2:17:49 PM2/10/20
to Slatwall Commerce
Hi Chris.
I would be very interested in what you found. We use IIS and encountered those issues while attempting to upgrade a while back.

Thanks
David

Chris Kent

Feb 11, 2020, 4:38:36 AM2/11/20
to Slatwall Commerce
Hi David,

See attached image. This site is running Slatwall 5.1.021

I would view this as a workaround to possibly allow you to get Slatwall V5 working on a Windows server with IIS. This setting should not be used in a live environment.

What I think is happening is some of the XHR API calls that are part of the newer Angular admin are failing with an error. On Windows IIS server the response is something that Slatwall is not able to process and aborts.

I do not see the same issue on a Linux NGINX setup.

I have not currently have a local Windows IIS environment to investigate further.

Chris
Slatwall V5 IIS Detailed Errors.png