Authorize.Net Issue All of a Sudden

Catherine Mortali

Apr 7, 2020, 8:49:19 PM4/7/20
to Slatwall Commerce
Settings have not been changed at all since 2015 and all was going smoothly. My client made some changes in Authorize.net in the Fraud Detection Suite today and now the payment processing isn't working.

500 Error
The element at position 2 of dimension 1, of array variable "RESPONSEDATAARRAY," cannot be found.

It doesn't look like it's even making a connection. I don't see an attempt at all in Authorize.net.

Can anyone help solve this? I'm at a loss on where to even begin to isolate the problem.

Thank you,
Catherine

Chris Kent

Apr 8, 2020, 4:06:29 AM4/8/20
to Slatwall Commerce
Hi Catherine,

First, you should find out what changes your customer has made in the Authorize.net Fraud Detection Suite.

Then review the Authorize.net implementation documentation to see if these changes require changes to the Slatwall integration - it might be extra fields need to be sent in the A.net requests or the response from A.net is different.

If you do a test payment, track the requests and responses that are sent and received from A.net. Simple way to do this is to make a quick temporary change /Slatwall/integrationServices/authorizenet/Payment.cfc and save the request/response date before and after each http call. I usually do this by sending a log to the Slatwall log file. I usually create a separate log file fro these - e.g. "Slatwall-authorizenet".

Doing this will enable you to see the response form A.net. this may be an error response due to the new settings requiring new data or that the response is different to what the Slatwall A.net integration is expecting.

Regards,
Chris.

Chris Kent

Apr 8, 2020, 5:49:18 AM4/8/20
to Slatwall Commerce
Catherine,

You could also get your client to undo the changes that they have made to allow you to investigate further and hopefully have the payment processing working again.

Regards,
Chris.

Catherine Mortali

Apr 8, 2020, 9:55:49 AM4/8/20
to Slatwall Commerce
I did try that... I backed out of all of the changes she had made (or remembered that she had made)! :) She had previously not allowed international credit cards but now her workshops are running online so she wanted to open that up.

I did find an old thread about TLS 1.2 throwing the same error and it turned out that was the issue! All is running well this morning after they updated the server at 3:00 am and a reboot. Phew.

Thanks, Chris. Hope you are well.

--Catherine

Chris Kent

Apr 8, 2020, 9:59:12 AM4/8/20
to Slatwall Commerce
Hi Catherine,

Good news that you have resolved it.

Have been hit with the older version of TLS being "phased out" a couple of times myself. Did not think of that.

Regards,
Chris.