Export/Import Product Price Changes

Theresa Martin

Jun 12, 2021, 6:07:44 PM6/12/21
to Slatwall Commerce
Hello all,

Our client is experiencing product price increases from all of their vendors and needs to adjust their pricing accordingly. They have approximately 800 products with numerous SKUs per most products and were asking if there is a way to more easily update these prices via an upload, rather than going into each SKU manually. I have searched these forums for this and did find a few references to this being possible via an export of the entity, then importing the data. We are currently using Slatwall 4.5.051, the last version prior to 5+ because we cannot upgrade further due to the current server environment. I can see that it is an easy task to export an entity, such as product SKUs, to a CSV file and this opens nicely in Excel for updating the prices. However, I am not understanding the process for importing. There doesn't appear to be a way, via the Slatwall admin, to import the updated CSV file. Is that correct? There is a post from Chris from 5 years ago, whereby he kindly included a custom-coded JSON file and product.cfm file, but I am not clear how to actually implement these or if I would need to make changes per our client's version of Slatwall to make these work. Would anyone be able to provide a bit more clarity on this process? Also, is there an import process now built-in to the Slatwall admin, with 5+ or the latest version? If so, perhaps an upgrade -- somehow -- would be in order. Thanks so much for any assistance!

Theresa

brad.gu...@slatwallcommerce.com

Jul 12, 2021, 11:48:25 AM7/12/21
to Slatwall Commerce
Theresa -

Good timing on your question. We just released a new version of Slatwall Commerce, version 6, and it includes a data import toolkit as one of the major release updates.

You can read up on the new release here:

In the past, Slatwall Commerce users have used the API to do bulk pricing imports, updates, etc.

We would be happy to give you and your team a demo of the new features and updates if that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Brad
Message has been deleted