Checkout with Gift Card

Marc Ackermann

Mar 7, 2021, 8:34:58 AM3/7/21
to Slatwall Commerce

Hi,

I have activated the Payment Method "GiftCard" and it is shown on the checkout page. But I don't see any input field for the GiftCard code.
Do I have to add a form field on the checkout page? Or is there a slatwall template that should pop up automatically after clicking "Place Order"?
I have to admit that at the moment I don't fully understand how the checkout process with gc works technically.

Could someone please give me a little guidance,
Marc

Sumit Verma

Mar 7, 2021, 11:17:36 AM3/7/21
to SlatwallEcommerce
Marc,

You can add a form field in the payment section for GiftCardNumber or GiftCardID, and if it's passed during add order payment, Slatwall will process that GC payment.

Thanks,
Sumit

Sumit Verma
Founder / CTO | Slatwall Commerce
office: 877.886.5806 x 103 | mobile: 617.290.8214
www.slatwallcommerce.com | www.linkedin.com/in/sverma | twitter: blogonria

Marc Ackermann

Mar 8, 2021, 6:29:40 AM3/8/21
to Slatwall Commerce
Hi Sumit,

yes, it's working now.

One more question: What if the amount on the card is less than the sum for the products in the shopping card? Is it posible for the customer to select a second payment method for the remaining amount? Would slatwall automatically calculate this amount for example to be charged with credit card? This means that the payment is split into two payment methods. If slatwall can handle this scenario, do I have to make some settings in the admin backend?

Best regards,
Marc

Sumit Verma

Mar 8, 2021, 11:31:24 AM3/8/21
to SlatwallEcommerce
Marc,

Correct, Slatwall will allocate upto the amount available on the GC and then user will need to add Credit Card for the balance.