Crypto currency update

Rohan Smith

Dec 29, 2013, 7:39:17 PM12/29/13
to slash...@googlegroups.com
So guys its been a little over a month since I have been playing around with crypto currency. It has been really fun to say the least.
So here is the summary:
So far my $50 bitcoin investment has lost gone as high as $59 and as low as $41 it is now $46 and improving after the last bitcoin bubble burst.
If you are interested in Bitcoin, it's better you purchase bitcoins, mining is now only possible if you have ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuits) hardware which can cost you around US$10K. These machines are only available on pre-order and by the time they arrive the hashing difficulty would have skyrocketed practically making the hardware obsolete. This is an issue with "SHA256" based coins but other coins like Litecoin which are "scrypt" based removed the ability to be mined by ASICs. You need powerful GPUs to do any mining, these are usually machines built with multiple graphics cards, BTW there is now a shortage of GPUs on the market.

So what should a newbie who wants to get into crypto-currency do? There is a coin that has been toted as a "fun" crypto currency, not as serious as bitcoin and the others but still will get you in the game. It is based on the Doge meme, it is called dogecoin. http://dogecoin.com/ The difficulty is pretty low and it is a scrypt based coin so you dont need to worry about overfunded capitalists who build minig rigs in Iceland to take advantage of cooling and low cost renewable energy!

You can still mine from your CPU or GPU like you were able to do with bitcoin last year.
It is a cool techy hobby if you are looking for one, and who to tell, it may payoff :-)

Roger Pixley

Dec 30, 2013, 12:09:09 AM12/30/13
to slash...@googlegroups.com
Imma sorry but doggycoin is the best currency of all time. Of all time!

Dogecoin maybe not so much. :-D http://gizmodo.com/millions-of-meme-based-dogecoins-stolen-on-christmas-da-1489819762

Rohan Smith

May 2, 2021, 12:04:02 AM5/2/21
to slash...@googlegroups.com
Fun to reread this, wish I didn’t sell when I did, or gotten robbed by the exchange when I did 🤷🏾‍♂️

--

---

Andre Robb

May 5, 2021, 1:28:39 PM5/5/21
to slash...@googlegroups.com
It’s quite something to have this to look back at.

--
Andre Robb

+27 749 686 646
----
2 Timothy 2:4. "No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."