How Chrome is bad for the Mobile Web

瀏覽次數:12 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Marc Gayle

未讀,
2016年3月29日 清晨6:01:032016/3/29
收件者:slashroots
Very interesting article on the deficiencies of Chrome for Mobile.

I have not really been a fan of the experience of "hybrid" mobile web apps, but maybe the issue really is the browser and not the apps themselves.

Although I suspect that hybrid apps don't help themselves much.

--
Marc Gayle
www.marcgayle.com

Shannon Clarke

未讀,
2016年3月29日 清晨7:44:292016/3/29
收件者:slash...@googlegroups.com
Interesting perspective but I wonder how accurate it is given the advancements & improvements afforded by Ionic Framework (www.ionicframework.com) and the Crosswalk project (https://crosswalk-project.org/documentation/cordova.html)

I found it a bit weird that the author didn't make mention of either of the above

Regards,
Shannon Clarke
www.linkedin.com/in/sajclarke/

--

---

Marc Gayle

未讀,
2016年3月29日 下午6:07:522016/3/29
收件者:slashroots
I think this is actually more low-level than JS frameworks. Most of the issues highlighted here are related to the API of the browser itself and how it handles various things (like DOM management, garbage collection, etc.).

The TL;DR being that Safari seems to handle many of these low level functionality natively better than any other browser. So before you even get to something as high-level as a JS framework, with Chrome Mobile you are at a disadvantage performance wise (per this article).

Marc Gayle

未讀,
2016年3月29日 下午6:14:292016/3/29
收件者:slashroots
In other words, there is only so much that JS frameworks can do re: performance if the browser has fundamental flaws in the way it manages the DOM and other HTML API related specs, which this author is contending that Chrome Mobile suffers from.

Shannon Clarke

未讀,
2016年3月29日 晚上7:34:462016/3/29
收件者:slash...@googlegroups.com
He started talking about hybrid apps so to ignore Crosswalk's integration with Cordova - which bypasses the limitations of Chrome Mobile or Safari - is weird

Regards,
Shannon Clarke
www.linkedin.com/in/sajclarke/
回覆所有人