live cd/dvd boot issues

Mar 12, 2011, 9:00:33 PM3/12/11
to SLAMPP
I downloaded the latest version of slampp and I can not get the disk
to boot. I burned the image to cd and dvd neither worked on either pc
I tried.The firstpc is a 2004 vintage compaq desktop and the second is
a new hp laptop. The compaq shows the following error message---"disk
error 32, AX=425A,drive 9f". The HP displays a similar message---"disk
error 01,AX=425,Drive FE" Any help would be greatly appreciated since
I am not really familiar with Linux

Clint Tinsley

Mar 12, 2011, 9:06:55 PM3/12/11
to sla...@googlegroups.com, s
Since you got the same error on both computers, one of two things, your burned DVD is bad (it does need to be on a DVD) or it is possible that your download is bad (which is most likely as you shouldn't have been able to burn it to a CD as it is too big. I would recommend a fresh download before burning again.

Thanks,

Clint
Maintainer

--
-----

s smith

Mar 12, 2011, 9:56:08 PM3/12/11
to Clint Tinsley, sla...@googlegroups.com
that could be the problem since the download I got was only 450 mb
am re downloading looks to take all night but will post results tomorrow
thanks for the help