file transfer problem

eolo999

Feb 25, 2009, 10:19:35 AM2/25/09
to slack users
Hi,
i installed slack on two hosts (called master and slave) and one of
them is configured to be the master. I cannot understand why executing
slack on the slave i get the files copied in the cache but not copied
in the right location (p.e /etc/resolv.conf).
I'm sure it's a silly error i made but i cannot find it.
I'd be glad to receive some help.

thx
eolo999

Alan Sundell

Feb 28, 2009, 12:45:24 PM2/28/09
to slack...@googlegroups.com
Heh, I don't think that's enough information for anyone here to
understand what's going on :)

You just need to look at what slack is doing, and I'm sure it will
become obvious -- it will tell you, in increasing detail, if you pass
one or more "-v" options. The file installation should happen in the
"install" step that runs "slack-installfiles." Once you see the
underlying rsync commands that are being run, it should be more clear.
Make sure you haven't defined ROOT to point somewhere else than "/".

Hope that helps! :)

--Alan