delete messages?

Tom Bortels

Apr 15, 2014, 6:57:33 PM4/15/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
I don't see an API call to delete messages. (Already posted to feedback, figured it would be worth posting here).

Possible reasonable use-cases:

1) Moderated channels

2) channel security scanner (maybe that looks for and deletes things like accidentally posted passwords or credit card info).

3) Obscenity filter (heh, replace the naughty with an appropriate subset of emoticons)

I'm sure if I thought about it I could think of others. I know, I can do it as admin - manually. Yucko.

-- Tom Bortels, causing trouble

Paul Hammond

Apr 27, 2014, 1:17:33 AM4/27/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

This API method is on our todo list - we've just not got to it yet. Some of your use cases look like they'd need the ability to edit messages instead of deleting them - we're also planning to support that too.

We'll get to it as soon as we can!

Paul