webhook post - no iPhone notification

bryana...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2014, 3:53:31 PM4/30/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi! We are successfully using the webhook API to post messages to a channel. However the message never gets to remote users on their phones.

Even adding <!everyone> in the message doesn't push it to the users phones. Has anyone else been able to do this or could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

--- EXAMPLE --
curl -X POST --data-urlencode payload={"parse": "full", "channel": "#alerts", "username": "monitor-1.state.company.local", "text": "<!everyone> lets see if i get this on my phone", "icon_emoji": ":sos:"} https://example.slack.com/services/hooks/incoming-webhook?token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul Hammond

May 9, 2014, 7:38:24 PM5/9/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan,

Right now mobile push notifications don't get sent for messages sent through one of our APIs. This was intended to stop people getting too many notifications, but you're not the first person to tell us this behavior isn't what they want. We're talking about changing it, but there are many other things higher up the todo list so I don't know how soon we'll get to it.

Sorry I can't be more help!

Paul