Managing users via API

robbie.t...@gmail.com

May 15, 2014, 5:05:39 PM5/15/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
One of the biggest missing things in the current Slack API is managing users through the entire lifecycle. Any ETA on adding these features?

Paul Hammond

May 23, 2014, 12:56:33 AM5/23/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robbie,

This is one of the next major pieces of functionality we want to add to the API - we intend to add methods for inviting users, creating users, profile editing and user management functionality (disabling, promoting to admin etc).

As a general rule we don't give public time estimates (because software inevitably takes longer than you want it to) - but in this case the timeframe "very soon" would probably be accurate.

Hope this helps,

Paul