Triggering notification or any sounds in Slack?

vipe...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2014, 7:03:01 AM3/18/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Has anyone been able to use the API to trigger custom sounds or the standard notification sounds based on an event? E.g. Post a successful build to the chat and play a sound.

Many thanks,
Matt

mi...@ookla.com

Mar 22, 2014, 7:24:56 PM3/22/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com, vipe...@gmail.com
A standard notification should be doable though I don't have time to test here's what I would suggest you look at: -- Try this:

1) In your build announcement, either hard-code and then include one or more of the keywords in your general "watch & notify" profile setting.

2) This is of course generally speaking intended to notify you if someone mentions one or more of e.g. your nickname, a project name you're especially interested in;

3) ...even crucial matters time-sensitive can be triggered to break-through the noise and hopefully notify you based on your rule set --i.e. "doughnuts" between 7-10am.

༺ Re: custom sounds first of all great idea! Again I can't do it now but I'll be back to work on that and LYK here if I have any luck. I'm willing to bet that if nothing else there's a way to do that through another client altogether which could keep an eye on your notifications from Slack...

Paul Hammond

Mar 24, 2014, 4:09:07 PM3/24/14
to vipe...@gmail.com, slac...@googlegroups.com
We've talked about adding sound to messages but there's a lot of details to work out and we haven't got to it yet.

Until then you could have your build bot include "@channel" in the text which will trigger a notification for everyone on that channel - does that do what you want?

Paul