Shutting down the Slack-API group

Paul Hammond

May 27, 2014, 8:02:18 PM5/27/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
This is a quick note to let you know that we're shutting down this Google Group.
We've been reviewing all the ways in which we offer support to our customers, and we've realized that the support we offer through Twitter and our help system is both faster and higher quality than the responses you'll get from emailing this list.
Part of that is that we've not been doing a good enough job of replying to the emails (integrating with Google Groups is somewhere on our roadmap but nowhere near the top). But we've also found it's also much easier to fix technical problems in a one-on-one way, where we can look at the specific data you're sending, the actual code you're using, etc. Many of the posts to this group have moved to private email, and we get most of our API questions through help tickets. It makes sense for us to concentrate on the things that work, so that's what we're going to do.
From now on: if you want to ask us a question or give us feedback, you can email us at feed...@slack.com (or fill in the form at https://my.slack.com/help/requests/new which does the same thing). Our customer service team is awesome and staffed by technical people who really know their stuff. If you stump them they'll pass it onto one of the Slack developers. Either way we'll get you a response.
You can also follow us or tweet at us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/SlackAPI. All changes to our APIs will be announced there.
And, of course, we're continuing to work on our documentation at https://api.slack.com/, which is mirrored at https://github.com/tinyspeck/SlackApiDocs.
Thank you to everyone on this list that's helped their fellow developers with a problem, and to all of you for building awesome integrations that work with Slack,
Paul