Any way to delete a message in a private channel create by an incoming web hook?

Dan B

May 21, 2014, 11:06:26 PM5/21/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Not necessarily via API, but any way whatsoever?  We have a channel that we use for reporting messages via incoming web hooks, and sometimes I want to delete a message the was either erroneous, or used for testing... without people seeing it and getting all alarmed.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

- - Dan

Paul Hammond

May 23, 2014, 12:41:32 AM5/23/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Team admins can delete messages sent from incoming webhooks - the option is accessible via the cog icon on the right hand side of the message window in our web client, or via a long-press on a message in our mobile clients. In the future we plan to offer an API method to delete messages, but it will have the same restrictions around who can delete messages.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Dan B

May 23, 2014, 1:15:10 AM5/23/14