using auth in a mobile browser

chris...@bennage.com

May 22, 2014, 7:15:58 PM5/22/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm playing with your API and I want to allow a user to login via a mobile browser. The login page is formatted for desktop though. Is there a flag I can pass to get a mobile friendly login page?

thanks,
Christopher

Paul Hammond

May 23, 2014, 12:36:26 AM5/23/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christopher,

Our OAuth flow has a mobile optimized version that is automatically used if you access it from a mobile phone. The url is the same (https://slack.com/oauth/authorize).

Hope this helps,

Paul

chris...@bennage.com

May 23, 2014, 3:11:38 PM5/23/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul.
I am able to login, so it's not critical, but it is not ideal for users.
Here's what I see:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=EC3DEB862284B83B&id=EC3DEB862284B83B%2167356&v=3

I'm using IE11 on Windows Phone 8.1. I would guess that there is an error in the mobile detection strategy (a notoriously hard problem, and WP is not all that popular).

The user agent string is
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows Phone 8.1; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 920) like Gecko"

thanks,
Christopher

Paul Hammond

May 27, 2014, 7:41:26 PM5/27/14
to slac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christopher,

We've just deployed a change so that IE11 on windows phone should now get our mobile optimized site. Thanks for pointing out our oversight!

Paul

thanks,
Christopher