Fwd: Scientific Linux 6.3 i386/x86_64 is now available

Kenzi NOIKE

Aug 11, 2012, 5:29:02 AM8/11/12
to sl-us...@googlegroups.com
野池です.

Scientific Linux の 6.3 がリリースされたそうです.

http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1208&L=scientific-linux-announce&T=0&P=79

既存のシステムを 6.3 にアップデートするときは,

# yum clean all
# yum --releasever=6.3 update

でよさそうですね.
あとで,自分もアップデートしておこうと思います.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Connie Sieh <cs...@fnal.gov>
Date: 2012/8/9
Subject: Scientific Linux 6.3 i386/x86_64 is now available
To: scientific-...@fnal.gov
Cc: scientific-l...@fnal.gov, scientific-...@fnal.gov

Thanks to all who helped test the beta/release candidates.

Release Notes for Scientific Linux 6.3

Major Differences from SL6.2

Added/Changed:
OpenAFS
Updated to version 1.6.1-112.sl6

External Repositories for yum
The yum-conf-rpmfusion has been added by popular request.

End users must verify their own eligibility and license compliance
before use.

yum-conf-sl6x
Updated GPG key list, CERN's key is now listed here too

redhat-logos
Now provides 'linux-logos'

xorg-x11-server
Changed to remove TUV's support URL

sl-indexhtml
Updated Swedish translation by Alexander Lindqvist

sl-bookmarks
Now includes links to useful non-SL provided resources

SL_enable_serialconsole
Augeas is now used for setting up the initial configuration
The rpm now removes the serial configuration when uninstalled
Now uses 'conflict' to ensure only one version installed at a time
The end result should be identical to the previous script
The old configuration script can be found in the %doc folder
/usr/share/SL_enable_serialconsole*/OLDSCRIPT

revisor
Support has been added for the upstream changes in anaconda.

The 'beta' release notice can now be turned on or off depending on
your needs.

sl-revisor-configs
The kickstart files provided have been renamed for simplicity.

We've also added a script for making an updated disc, containing
all the current published errata

Removed:

libproxy-mozjs
Requires an old version of xulrunner, upstream bug 797779.
We have removed it for now, when an updated package is released we
expect to build it.
If you need this package you can pull it from 6.2

libvirt-qpid
Requires an old version of qpid-cpp-client, upstream bug 839006
We have removed it for now, when an updated package is released we
expect to build it.
If you need this package you can pull it from 6.2

sanlock and tboot
Upstream only features these packages on x86_64, previously they
were in both arches.
If upstream returns support for these in the i686 tree, we expect
to package them again.

Download

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.3/
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.3/

Iso Download area
i686:

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.3/i386/iso/

x86_64: