Quilt

Jase Byrne

May 14, 2007, 5:12:18 AM5/14/07
to SL Pride 2007
ok folks...opening salvo indeed...
the kiosks are ready if anyone wants them IM me. I will be working on
getting them out there. So have folks IM me the kiosks are no copy
trans

Im also startng a blog, getting on forums and starting a web page for
the quilt, which I will maintain.

This is a great challenge. Please get the word out, ask the leaders
from your groups if they are willing to make an announcement(vote)
that the kiosks are available, and to IM me if interested in having
one

SO far
JoshBear Sojourner-5
Jim Lumiere-4 I think..
Kris Mounier-3
KiValyn (I havent had my cofee Ill correct last name asap)=2 Gay Elves
Tayzia Abbatoir-2 (Crescent Moon Museum)
jaynine Scarbourough-1
Soomer Doctrow-1
Dorie Bernstien-1 thanks for you help on the script Dorei
Cheri Horton-2
Forcythia WIshbringer-1 Elven High Council

Have made RL contact with Second Names ....we shall see what flies.
more magazine aritcles on the way....I hope.

peace and brownies yall

Cheri Horton

May 23, 2007, 11:20:03 PM5/23/07
to SL Pride 2007
We got a comment on the Pride story today from someone who seems
interested in helping Jase start a Web site/blog for the quilt. His
name is Hermione Watanabe in SL.

Link: http://www.slpixelpulse.com/2007/05/14/quilt-to-be-a-centerpiece-of-pride-festival/

- Cheri

Cheri Horton

May 28, 2007, 6:17:08 PM5/28/07
to SL Pride 2007
I must say, I was disappointed to see an announcement on the SL
Insider about the June 16 quilt celebration. Don't get me wrong, the
publicity is great. After all, the event is the main point here, as is
getting out the word. But I'm just wondering why no one let me in on
this. I'm volunteering to have PixelPulse offer as much information as
possible on Pride, yet I'm left finding out about events through
reading other blogs. So, I guess my question is, can I be informed
about stuff as it's ready for public announcement instead of finding
out through a secondary source? All you have to do is IM me in-world
or send an e-mail to pixelpulsemagazine [at] yahoo [dot] com. Thanks.

- Cheri

On May 23, 8:20 pm, Cheri Horton <lvtgonl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We got a comment on the Pride story today from someone who seems
> interested in helping Jase start a Web site/blog for the quilt. His
> name is Hermione Watanabe in SL.
>

> Link:http://www.slpixelpulse.com/2007/05/14/quilt-to-be-a-centerpiece-of-p...

Kamael Xevious

May 29, 2007, 7:05:21 AM5/29/07
to SL Pride 2007
Please accept my apologies on this one, Cheri, and allow me to
clarify. The AIDS quilt is a separate project from Second Pride and
operates under Jase Byrne--not the Second Pride Committee as such.
This being the case, publicizing the Quilt doesn't go through
Redemption Summers's Marketing and Advertising sub-committee. It's
clear that I let the ball drop on this one--I should have made sure
that Jase knew about our arrangement with pixelpulse, and I forgot/
assumed that he had that information. I'll make sure that you and
pixelpulse get added to his list of places to send future press
releases.

Again, I'm sorry. This was an oversight on my part and not any
attempt to slight you or pixelpulse in any way.

Kam

> > > peace and brownies yall- Hide quoted text -

Jase Byrne

May 29, 2007, 11:47:05 AM5/29/07
to SL Pride 2007
Cheri,,,I'd like to apologize too..

Until now I've always assumed I was operating under the "Operations"
branch of the committee, attending meetings etc. At least that's what
I was told. I gave the release to Kamael for review as per his
instructions to me...and assumed when I didn't hear back that there
was nothing wrong with it.Thanks , Kam, for the panels btw....I also
assumed that since he and Advertising had made it quite clear that
they were in contact with you...and that the release would find it's
way into your more than capable hands....now that I know that the
Quilt is a completely separate event from Pridefest 2007 and its
committee/communication structure..I'll contact you directly...I'll
post updates on the Quilt and Quilt events here...and Kam if you plan
on changing the opening ceremony being held at the Quilt let me know
please?

Sorry for all the assumptions, I thought I was a part of the
Operations for Pridefest.

Peace and brownies.

Kamael Xevious

May 29, 2007, 2:26:08 PM5/29/07
to SL Pride 2007
If you are working with the Operations committee, I'm sorry. My
understanding was that you were working WITH them, not for them.
Thus, when you sent me a copy of the press release, I assumed that it
was being sent as a fait accompli, not a draft for revisions. My bad.

In the future, if you have a press release for the Quilt, and wish to
remain under the Operations Committee banner, direct press releases to
Redemption Summers for release.

Sorry for the rather abrupt nature of this post--I owe you a bigger
apology than I can give you here today. My cable company lost its
main trunk to the dish farm (they're replacing it now), and my
connection seems to work in 3 minute spurts, so I'm trying to get this
out ASAP.

Kam

Cheri Horton

May 30, 2007, 2:51:26 AM5/30/07
to SL Pride 2007
Jase and Kamael,

Thanks for your comments and for clarifying everything. Indeed, quite
a few people are involved in this effort, so I imagine the logistics
can get confusing occasionally. I should apologize too if I was a bit
hasty in some of my comments. Thanks very much again for your help.

- Cheri

Cheri Horton

Jun 2, 2007, 8:07:53 PM6/2/07
to SL Pride 2007
Hi all. Can someone send me the information on the Quilt Support
Celebration? I still have not received it. I really don't want to copy
and paste the Insider's version. I'd like to get the details
firsthand, if that's possible. Thanks very much!

- Cheri