Redemption's Update out of game

Redemption Summers

Jun 22, 2007, 8:07:38 PM6/22/07
to SL Pride 2007
Hey all,

I wanted to take a brief moment to express (now that I have a moment
online) how much I'm sorry that I'm not a part of this event as I want
to be......

My Father was diagnosed and please forgive my spelling with Lung
Cancer that in a week has spread to his bones....The Doctors said that
last December that he should expired yet he is still going today June
22, 2007.

I know that everyones thoughts and prayers are helping him beyond his
"fate" that the doctors gave him and I want to personally thank
everyone for your thoughts and your encouragement as I have recieved
many of those from my Second Life friends.

My families big wish is that the Doctors allow him travel to come from
remote Georgia to Florida again as per his wish we can all have a
friendly reunion. We tried to book an airline for him to Florida but
none of them would allow his portable oxigen tank.....If anyone knows
how to get around that please let me know at
Redempti...@yahoo.com as my Dad really wants to visit and we
want him down here as his location in very remote Georgia is just not
accomodating to the whole family.

Again many thanks and I miss you all. Love, Hugs. and good health and
best wishes

Sincerely,

Redemption Summers

Kamael Xevious

Jun 22, 2007, 9:21:59 PM6/22/07
to SL Pride 2007
We had this problem with a relative of mine as well. What they don't
tell you is that the FAA regulations actually DO permit oxygen tanks
on airlines (they have since 2005), though the airlines are under no
obligation (unfortunately) to follow this rule. However, many
airlines will _rent_ you air tanks for use in flight (this is what we
ended up doing, on Northwest, if I recall correctly, though I'm
probably wrong). At any rate, it's worth pursuing a bit further.
Often the first person you talk to is simply wrong about airline
policy, or doesn't know that the airline provides an alternative. You
might also try contacting the American Lung Association and see what
they have to suggest--they're a pretty vocal lobby about this issue
and may be able to help out.

Kam

On Jun 22, 8:07 pm, Redemption Summers <Redemption.Summ...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I wanted to take a brief moment to express (now that I have a moment
> online) how much I'm sorry that I'm not a part of this event as I want
> to be......
>
> My Father was diagnosed and please forgive my spelling with Lung
> Cancer that in a week has spread to his bones....The Doctors said that
> last December that he should expired yet he is still going today June
> 22, 2007.
>
> I know that everyones thoughts and prayers are helping him beyond his
> "fate" that the doctors gave him and I want to personally thank
> everyone for your thoughts and your encouragement as I have recieved
> many of those from my Second Life friends.
>
> My families big wish is that the Doctors allow him travel to come from
> remote Georgia to Florida again as per his wish we can all have a
> friendly reunion. We tried to book an airline for him to Florida but
> none of them would allow his portable oxigen tank.....If anyone knows
> how to get around that please let me know at

> Redemptionsumm...@yahoo.com as my Dad really wants to visit and we

Shawn Mission

Jun 23, 2007, 9:22:46 AM6/23/07
to SL Pride 2007
Redemption, There is a portable oxygen device that my brother's
partner used while traveling on commercial airlines. It's a Inogen
System and was obtained from Advanced Aeromedical - 1-800-346-3556.
This equipment is approved by commerical airlines.

Shawn