I'm back and doing well.

Kamael Xevious

Jun 7, 2007, 4:44:21 PM6/7/07
to SL Pride 2007
I apologize for bolting without warning over the weekend--it couldn't
be helped. I had a medical emergency early Sunday morning and have
been in the hospital since then. I'm back now, though, and doing
well, though still have my activity restricted for the foreseeable
future. I am, however, able to continue in my role as Chair of the
Steering Committee--though I will be relying more heavily on the sub-
Committee chairs for some things. However, I do not anticipate any
increase in anyone's work load. However, should it become apparent
that I'm not able to fulfill my duties as chair, I'll either ask for a
special assistant to volunteer to help me, OR, if need be, step down
as Chair. That said, I do think, however, stepping down as Steering
Committee Chair and training a new one so close to the start of the
Festival would be enormously counterproductive.

That said, I will not be dealing with Drama. Email or IM me with
drama and you'll find yourself on a guilt trip that will make the
Apollo program look like a trip to the Dairy Queen for a Peanut Buster
Parfait. We're too close to the start of the Festival to be wasting
our time with this kind of "he said, he said, but, but, but" chicken
shit. Every minute we spend arguing who said what, or what someone's
motivation was is time better spent on preparing for the Festival.
Every rumor spread, every minor insult blown out of proportion, every
argument, every squabble, every IM sent asking "have you heard
about...?" takes time away from Second Pride 2007. In other words,
every minute we spend on drama at this point diminishes what the
Festival could have been.

I'll be in SL in a few minutes. Do NOT swamp me with IMs. It'll take
me an hour to clear out the ones I've gotten already.

Thanks,

Kam

Kamael Xevious

Jun 8, 2007, 5:04:26 PM6/8/07
to SL Pride 2007
Sorry. Just read that and it sounds a tad harsh. I haven't had a
cigarette since Sunday, so bear with me and forgive me my snippy
bitches :D

Kam