Helping SL Pride get out the word

Cheri Horton

May 6, 2007, 12:35:04 AM5/6/07
to SL Pride 2007
Hi everyone!

I'm Cheri Horton and I publish PixelPulse Magazine (for those who
don't know me.) We're online at http://slpixelpulse.com/. It's a
publication focusing on adult culture and lifestyles in Second Life.

I just wanted to make a post here stating that we are interested in
helping organizers get out the word about the festival. In particular,
we'd like to help publicize Pride events. Free of charge, of course. I
was thinking maybe we can dedicate space in our sidebar for event
listings (when all the details are in place for the events.) For the
events, we can list what is happening, along with time, date and place
and any other pertinent details. If there are too many events to list,
we'd like to select some highlights and at least list those.

Would that be possible to coordinate at all? What does everyone think?

Also, we'd be interested in posting a logo (if you have one) in our
sidebar promoting Pride and perhaps even link it to either a landmark
in-world or maybe even this Google group.

Lastly, there's also a very good chance we are going to be covering
specific Pride events for our magazine (depending on what's happening
and when.)

I probably also should mention that I have joined the festival group
in-world to keep up with announcements.

If anyone wants to contact me outside of this mailing group, you can
IM me in-world or send an e-mail to pixelpulsemagazine at yahoo dot
com.

Thanks!

- Cher

jim_l...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2007, 9:18:33 AM5/6/07
to SL Pride 2007
This sounds great. One of the things we are working on is a display
for the AIDS quilt. The sooner and more broadly we can get word out
that people can make panels for the quilt, the better.

On May 5, 9:35 pm, Cheri Horton <lvtgonl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm Cheri Horton and I publish PixelPulse Magazine (for those who

> don't know me.) We're online athttp://slpixelpulse.com/. It's a

Cheri Horton

May 6, 2007, 3:40:20 PM5/6/07
to SL Pride 2007
Cool. Is there someone in specific I should talk to about that to get
all the details?

By the way, for the logo, our sidebar is 175 pixels wide.

- Cheri

Kamael Xevious

May 6, 2007, 4:42:31 PM5/6/07
to SL Pride 2007
Right now, Kris Mounier is Chair of the Operations Committee in charge
of event scheduling. You can also contact me regarding policies, the
charity we're working with, and so forth. We're without a specific
chair for Marketing and Advertising at the moment, but I'll have a
175x175 jpg of our logo for you before I log in today. I'll also let
you know who the new Chair of that Committee is as soon as I know
myself.

Kam

> > > - Cher- Hide quoted text -

jim_l...@yahoo.com

May 6, 2007, 4:48:21 PM5/6/07
to SL Pride 2007
Jase Byrne has volunteered to lead the effort to get the Quilt done.
He is trying to get access to old panels from previous Quilt events
(not sure he will be able to do that, people leave SL **surprise and
shock**). If he hasn't seen this, I'll be sure to give him your
name. :)

Jim

Cheri Horton

May 6, 2007, 6:18:50 PM5/6/07
to SL Pride 2007
Thank you, Jim and Kam!

Jim, you can e-mail me the logo if you like. Or maybe just upload it
as a file here on the group site. Whatever you deicede. If you opt for
e-mail, just send it to pixelpulsemagazine at yahoo dot com.

- Cheri

Ketter McAllister

May 7, 2007, 6:41:38 PM5/7/07
to SL Pride 2007
Guys - ad/logo designer here. Do you want an ad or just the logo for
this?

Kamael Xevious

May 7, 2007, 6:46:06 PM5/7/07
to SL Pride 2007
I think an ad that links to the google group (for now) and the
festival site (during the week of the festival) would be our best
bet. With a pixel width of 175, we're not talking being able to cram
much advertising into the space. (But if you can get the festival
dates in there as we've discussed, that'd be great.)

Ketter McAllister

May 7, 2007, 6:49:38 PM5/7/07
to SL Pride 2007
175px width... what can we get for length, Cheri?

(and I know how that sounded... excuse me for wording it that way but
it's what I needed to ask)

Kamael Xevious

May 7, 2007, 6:56:40 PM5/7/07
to SL Pride 2007
I'll have Ketter send you the file, since he has it. I've just been
turned down by the person I was recruiting to take over MAD, so I'll
have to let you know about who to work with in Marketing and
Advertising later than I anticipated. I AM working on it though.
However, in the meantime, work with Ketter on getting the
advertisement/logo up on the website. And do contact Jase for
information about the AIDS quilt. Otherwise, if you have any
questions, let me know and I can direct you to the person you'll need
to talk to.

Kam

Cheri Horton

May 7, 2007, 8:52:35 PM5/7/07
to SL Pride 2007
Ketter: You can probably go between 175-200 pixels long. I plan to
list events beneath the ad, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to
make it much longer than that.

Thanks everyone!

- Cheri

Cheri Horton

May 14, 2007, 4:20:42 AM5/14/07
to SL Pride 2007
SL Pride advance story posted!
http://www.slpixelpulse.com/2007/05/14/quilt-to-be-a-centerpiece-of-pride-festival/

'Tis only the opening salvo of our coverage. :)

- Cheri

Jase Byrne

May 14, 2007, 4:58:11 AM5/14/07
to SL Pride 2007
Awesome coverage Cheri, thank you so very very much!!

Cheri Horton

May 17, 2007, 12:44:22 PM5/17/07
to SL Pride 2007
You're very welcome, Jase. Sorry, I must have missed this message
before. :)

- Cheri