New Loop

ron

Feb 5, 2009, 9:36:12 PM2/5/09
to SkyWires
Hey
Right now I have up a 40 meter sloping diamond. It is 35 feet at the
feed point and down to about 8 foot.I feedit with a q section 1/4 wave
of 75 ohm then rg8x. I is below 3:1 on all the the bands 40-10 without
a tuner. I have to use the internal tuner on 30 and an external tuner
on 17 . I can get 1:1 on all bands except 17 with the internal tuner.
I am going to put up a 160 loop. The best loop I have used was a 80
meter hor. loop at 30 feet. It was fed with 25 feet of 450 ohm ladder
line then pruned till a good match at 3700. It would work all bands
without a tuner. It was a design sent me by a ham in 6 land.
I just wonder if anyone has used a similar antenna on 160?
Ron KD5AQ