Dial-Up talk recording, digital cells available and public slack discussion space

Tim 'mithro' Ansell

Jul 7, 2020, 4:35:37 PM7/7/20
to skywater-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

As things are currently changing very quickly, I will be posting weekly announcements to this list -- please encourage people *not* on this list to subscribe.

Hopefully you all enjoyed and found informative my recent talk, “Fully open source manufacturable PDK for a 130nm process”! The recording and slides can be found at the following links;
 * Video Recording - https://youtu.be/EczW2IWdnOM
 * Slides - http://j.mp/du20-sky130

This was just the *first* talk in the FOSSi Foundation Dial Up talk series (https://fossi-foundation.org/dial-up/). I am personally excited to see the future talks going into in depth details about using the open tools with this new PDK!

The foundry provided digital standard cells libraries become available! You can find them at https://github.com/google/skywater-pdk -- Next on the list are the IO cells and low level primitives (like FET models).

Lastly, a public slack workspace (https://skywater-pdk.slack.com) for discussion around the PDK has also been created. You can use the following invite link to join https://join.slack.com/t/skywater-pdk/shared_invite/zt-fkl21w8j-qzxBK852XGR8EFMbRakTMw -- Feel free to use this space to bring together teams to submit projects for the shuttle, there have already been a lot of interesting discussions!

Keep on being awesome!

Tim ‘mithro’ Ansell