Monday MPW-2 Update - Nov 7, 2022

Jeff

Nov 22, 2022, 12:06:17 AM11/22/22
to skywater-p...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

MPW-2 Shipping !!

We finally made it.  There were a few unexpected challenges porting the software to the target platform, but the Caravel Nucleo Test setup has completed final testing and is ready to ship.

We will begin shipping some MPW-2 projects this week with the rest to ship out the week after Thanksgiving.

You will receive a Nucleo development board along with the Caravel Nucleo Hat.  You will also receive loose parts as well as parts mounted on breakout that can be installed into a flexy pin socket on the Hat.

The test setup runs and attempts to identify configuration strings based on the timing failure pattern for the part under test.  The test produces a file that can be used with a firmware function to configure IO on your part for your project.  Each string produced is specific to a particular part.  The routine may not be able to configure all IO for a given part.

The software for the diagnostic test is maintained here.

https://github.com/efabless/caravel_board/tree/main/firmware_vex/nucleo

The following video provides a short demo of the test in action.

https://youtu.be/76hmGHJMyYs

Further documentation, examples and video walkthroughs to come.  You can also track updates and post questions on the #mpw-2-debug Slack channel.

Regards,

Jeff DiCorpo