Feature request: show the next scheduled pass between passes (Auto Selection)

23 views
Skip to first unread message

Michel Zuyderwijk

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 4:19:06 AM (8 days ago) Oct 3
to SkyRoof
Hi Alex,

First of all, thank you for SkyRoof. I use it every day, together with SatDump, to follow the weather satellites (Meteor-M) from my home in the Netherlands.

I have a small feature request for Auto Selection. While Auto Selection is on, the last satellite stays selected after its LOS until the next AOS, so Earth View keeps showing a satellite that has already gone. When I click the next pass in Satellite Passes to see it, Auto Selection is switched off, as described in the manual.

Would it be possible to add an option to Auto Selection, something like "Between passes, select the next scheduled pass"? Right after LOS, SkyRoof would then select the next pass from the schedule, without tuning or recording until AOS. Earth View (Selected Pass), Sky View and the other panels would already show the satellite that is coming up next, and switch to real time when the pass starts.

That way the screen always shows either the current pass or the next one, without any manual clicking.

Thanks for considering it.

Best regards,
Michel

Thomas Schuessler

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 9:36:07 AM (8 days ago) Oct 3
to Michel Zuyderwijk, SkyRoof
I would agree with this feature request.  Now that I got this automatic scheduler working, I noted the same thing and thought that loading the next scheduled pass right after LOS of the now  completed previous pass would be a great confidence builder that the software was in fact, going to pick it up.

I am going to be adding a promotion for  SkyRoof in an upcoming presentation I am doing for a local club.   I want to share the love.

Tom, N5HYP
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SkyRoof" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to skyroof+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/skyroof/29dca120-6f87-42b1-a9e2-129f8d48ed65n%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Alex VE3NEA

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 11:30:20 AM (8 days ago) Oct 3
to SkyRoof
This improvement makes perfect sense, with one correction. Sometimes I can receive satellite signals a few seconds after the predicted LOS, so the switch should happen with a delay.

Michel Zuyderwijk

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 11:34:04 AM (8 days ago) Oct 3
to SkyRoof

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your quick reply. A delay after LOS is a good idea, I would not want to miss the last seconds of a pass either.

Perhaps the delay could be adjustable in the settings, for example with a default of 30 seconds, so everyone can choose what works best for their location and antenna.

Thanks again for SkyRoof

Best regards,

Michel


Op zaterdag 3 oktober 2026 om 17:30:20 UTC+2 schreef Alex VE3NEA:
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages