Auto Selector and QSO scheduler questions.

29 views
Skip to first unread message

Tom Schuessler

unread,
Sep 29, 2026, 10:55:22 PM (11 days ago) Sep 29
to SkyRoof
I am beginning to try and use SkyRoof more and more now that I learned how to have it control my S.A.T. controlled G5500 rotor.  I thus had hopes with the "Auto Selector Panel" and/or the "QSO Scheduler Panel", a way to selectively get Skyroof to follow selected satellites or satellite passes on different satellites.    The How to pages do not seem to have anything on the Auto Scheduler.  Maybe it is there, but  just did not see it.  It seems to me that I can prioritize one satellite over another and can filter which passes are tracked by Max EL< but I do not have the ability to pick and choose passes.  I can expand a satellite listing and see the next two or three days passes, but I cannot pick and chose what passes I follow.  I do not want to have the rotor hopping all around all day on every bird that is not functioning. 

The Scheduler is a good tool to see what passes and when I might be able to work a needed grid, but that is all.

Please help me to see what I am missing.

Alex VE3NEA

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 1:05:31 PM (11 days ago) Sep 30
to SkyRoof
Auto Selection Panel is described in the Auto Selection Panel section of User's Guide.

You may want to read User's Guide beyond the How To section. I hate to write documentation, so when I wrote the Guide, I included only the most essential information worth reading. I strongly recommend to all users to read this document, page by page, and try what's described in it. You may discover many unexpected features in the program.

vk2...@gmail.com

unread,
Oct 2, 2026, 3:36:22 AM (9 days ago) Oct 2
to SkyRoof
I'll give it go even though Groooops is crap to post in..

Under "Tools" then "Satellites and Groups..."  Create a new group pressing the "+", name it, and add into that group all the satellites you are interested in.

Skyroof1jpg.jpg

On the main screen select the new Group you made.

Skyroof2.jpg

Then  under "View" put a tick next to "Auto Selection".  In this panel will be all satellites in your new group.

Skyroof3.jpg

Each satellite you can select what transmitter or mode you want to catch if it has multiples to choose from.

You can move each one up and down in the list if want to use "Priority", top one being most important.

Pressing the "q" next "Select All" will give a list of minimum elevations for all satellites.

But a warning.  Once you have your list setup and working if you add a new satellite to it the list will default back to alphabetic order and you will need to re-do priority again.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages