Use SkyRoof as non admin user?

57 views
Skip to first unread message

Anastasio Sánchez Bernal

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 7:50:33 AMSep 11
to SkyRoof
Hi, there.
I wonder if it's possible to get a portable version of this software to run with a non-admin user. Any hints about that?.
Thanks in advance and best regards.

Alex VE3NEA

unread,
Sep 11, 2026, 8:13:24 AMSep 11
to SkyRoof
SkyRoof requires two runtime libraries, DotNet100Desktop and VC2015To2022. If these libraries are installed on the system, then you can run SkyRoof from a thumb drive, otherwise you need admin rights to install them.

Anastasio Sánchez Bernal

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 2:03:35 AMSep 15
to SkyRoof
Thanks for your reply. Anyway, I'm trying to use this solution, but I cannot extract the files from the exe intstall file. Is it possible to get a "zip" file to uncompress it and try?. thanks again in advance...

Alex VE3NEA

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 7:54:30 AMSep 15
to SkyRoof
Why don't you install the program and then copy its installation folder? This is the easiest way to get all required files.

Anastasio Sánchez Bernal

unread,
Sep 16, 2026, 1:56:29 AMSep 16
to SkyRoof
That's exactly what I can't, I have no admin rights in the computer I want to run in.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages