KDE 4.5 Released

Arpan Patelia

Aug 24, 2010, 1:31:01 PM8/24/10
to sky...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone!!!

It has been quite quiet for few months now so I thought I will break the silence and post something. So here we go.

On 10th of August, 2010, KDE community released version 4.5 of their software compilation, development platform and Plasma Workspace(User Interface aka Desktop/Netbook).

Details can be found on KDE website.

Here is a quick look over KDE 4.5 desktop.

Stunning & Elegant KDE desktop

Weather Widget in System Tray. Yes, SysTray can contain widgets too!!!

And finally, "About KDE" dialog.

You can see more screenshots in my Picasaweb album here: http://picasaweb.google.com/arpan.is/KDE45?authkey=Gv1sRgCMCK3dbIlZqUiwE&feat=directlink

You can try out KDE 4.5 on your favorite distribution if they provide packages for it or you can download the source code and compile it yourself.

BTW, KDE 4.6 is already shaping in code trunk... which will be released in January 2011.

Cheers,

Arp@n.

Desktop.png
WeatherWidget.png