KDE SC 4.4.2 released.

Arpan

Apr 2, 2010, 6:28:54 PM4/2/10
to Skynet
KDE has released a bugfix release KDE SC 4.4.2. More info at
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.4.2.php

Also, KDE has decided to release different versions for different
target users. To name they are,
1. Ultimate Freedom Edition
2. Dwarfed Freedom Edition
3. Basic Freedom Edition

Find more info about it here at
http://dot.kde.org/2010/04/01/announcing-upcoming-release-new-customized-kde-software-compilations

Cheers,
Arp@n.

jo saros

May 9, 2010, 7:00:46 PM5/9/10
to sky...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your information .....
bytheway can i get the software?

May 10, 2010, 10:04:00 AM5/10/10
to sky...@googlegroups.com

After my last post on KDE, KDE e.v. has released a new version KDE SC 4.4.3. Check KDE SC 4.4.3 Release Announcement

If you want to try KDE then you can choose one of the options from below.

1. Try a Live CD of a Linux/Unix containing KDE.

    You can download .iso image and burn them on CD/DVD from Kubuntu website  or OpenSuse website.
    Or you can try Fedora KDE spin or Mandriva Linux.

    Remember, every Linux has different base system and may have customized settings like theme for KDE.

2. If you use Windows, then you can download the KDE Windows Installer and install in Windows.
    This will not replace your windows desktop but you can run KDE programs in windows, including Plasma desktop!!

HTH,
Arp@n.