Hmm Migrations migrations !

kirillrdy

Feb 18, 2010, 7:23:06 PM2/18/10
to Skyline CMS
I have this interesting issue,

I am trying to integrate skylinecms in to existing app
That existing app has model called User, and table 'users'

when i try rake skyline:db:migrate it fails because it also tries to
create table user, in later migrations you rename it to skyline_users.
Is it possible to consolidate your migrations ?

I should really be filing a bug report shouldn't i ?

Cheers,
Kirill R

Flurin Egger

Feb 19, 2010, 6:35:19 AM2/19/10
to skyli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kirill,

Are you using the plugin as a submodule/export from git or are you
using the gem?
If you're using the plugin It's pretty straightforward to change the
migrations, they reside in RAILS_ROOT/vendor/plugins/skyline/db/migrate

It's probably a good idea to consolidate the migrations into a lot
less. If you create an issue report on github we'll make sure it get's
into the next release.

Cheers,
Flurin

kirillrdy