Windows Install Trouble

WebLab

Apr 6, 2010, 12:43:57 PM4/6/10
to Skyline CMS
Hi all,

It was hard installing skyline in Windows. I encountered 2 errors:

- PB 1: rmagick 2.9.1 needed (rmagick 2.10.0 is installed on my
machine)
SOLUTION:
1. clone the git
2. change Rakefile and Gemfile rmagick dependencies to your
version of rmagick
3. rake gem:build
4. gem install pkg\skylineYYYYMMDD (where YYYYMMDD is the date of
the build)

- PB 2: Missing skylinecms 3.0.8 gem when running the console !!!
gem list --local listed skyline 3.8.0.YYYYMMDD
SOLUTION:
Append the date of your build to the environment.rb config.gem
"skylinecms", :version => "3.0.8.YYYYMMDD"

Suggestion for rmagick: the dependency should be >= 2.9.1 not equal.

I am not an expert in gems building, do I don't know if there's a way
to install the gem with version 3.0.8 directly.

Thanks anyway for this very promissing CMS!

Luis Doubrava

Apr 8, 2010, 3:49:50 AM4/8/10
to skyli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and your solutions. I hope others can benefit
from it if they run into similar problems.

It is indeed a bit of a pain to get the Skyline gem with all its
dependencies running on Windows.
We're looking into the rmagick versions at the moment to see if we can
change the equal to >= and if there are no issues with the newer
versions we will do so in the next release.

Kind regards,
Luis Doubrava