footer - URGENT

ms.lis...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2022, 1:34:32 PM7/20/22
to skyind...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I just sent an index file last night to my client. It was a usual Word file with a header and footer. The editor has been able to remove the header from the file. But she cannot remove the footer from the file before she sends the file to the printer. It is a HUGE index, and she does not have the time to figure out how to remove the footer.

Can someone tell me how to remove the footer from Sky so I can generate a new Word file and re-send her the file without the footer and the header?

I will really appreciate a quick response.

Thank you in advance.

Manjit Sahai

John Sampson

Jul 20, 2022, 4:59:22 PM7/20/22
to SKYIndexUsers
It can be done in Word 365 - the "Insert" menu has the option "Footer" which in turn has the option "Remove Footer".
Does this help?

Iris Ailin-Pyzik

Jul 20, 2022, 5:26:06 PM7/20/22
to SKYIndexUsers
I'm in Sky 8.  Options - Document - Headers & Footers.  You can remove headers, footers and page numbering there.  Then re-generate.

I'm assuming the file was generated as an RTF.

I'll add that I don't include anything in the file sent to the client other than the text of the index itself.  I don't include page numbers, headers, or footers, though I do include the separator letters.

Iris Ailin-Pyzik
Crystalline Systems

Deborah Patton

Jul 20, 2022, 6:02:52 PM7/20/22
to ms.lis...@gmail.com, skyind...@googlegroups.com
Manjit,
Go to Options>Document and from the menu on the left, choose Output Format/Markup Tags. In the Presets box, click on the down arrow on the right and choose "RTF Plain (single column without headers or footers)." And then save it.
I do that with no index open so that's become my default format for sending in the index. The publisher's designer or compositor does the rest.
Deborah

Jul 20, 2022, 7:24:26 PM7/20/22
to Iris Ailin-Pyzik, ms.lis...@gmail.com, SKYIndexUsers
Iris,
I think the default is the on that says only RTF which comes as 2-column with a header saying Index and a footer. But I've had customers who want it as plain as possible which is why I make RTF Plain my default. Sometimes the SKY defaults don't line up with common practice.
Deborah