forced sorting question

已查看 8 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Maria Sosnowski

未读,
2021年10月7日 19:15:172021/10/7
收件人 SKYIndexUsers

Hi there,

I’m trying to force sort months to be in order chronologically rather than alphabetically.  I inserted a hidden number in front of each one, so 1 for January and 12 for December.  I have “sort Arabic numbers” checked under Options>Index.

The months sort perfectly up until September.  But October, November, and December are sorting before everything else.  Okay, I thought I would try making October 90 because it seems that would move it after September.  It does move it away from the front of the list, but still puts it before September.

What am I missing?  I feel like there is some obvious thing I’m just not seeing.

Maria

Theresa Duran

未读,
2021年10月7日 19:34:552021/10/7
收件人 SKYIndexUsers

Maria, I just tried it using two-digit hidden numbers (01January, 02February, etc.), and it worked fine.

Theresa

mjhw...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年10月7日 20:29:002021/10/7
收件人 SKYIndexUsers
Try this: In the Sorting dialogue (Options > Index > Sorting), under "Date sorting" check the box marked "Sort Dates". (Find full instructions in the User's Guide in the "Sorting" section of the "Index Options" chapter.)
Michael

Maria Sosnowski

未读,
2021年10月7日 21:09:392021/10/7
收件人 mjhw...@gmail.com、SKYIndexUsers

Thanks for another idea!  I already changed the numbers to start with a zero and it sorted beautifully, but I’ll keep this in mind for the future.

Maria

Maria Sosnowski

未读,
2021年10月7日 21:10:532021/10/7
收件人 SKYIndexUsers

Thanks for the idea.  Someone else suggested that off list too.  I didn’t even think to try that.  I knew someone on the list would know!

Maria