Sky 8 not ignoring symbols in sorting

AElfwine Mischler

Nov 1, 2020, 8:16:09 AM11/1/20
to SKYIndexUsers
I've got a number of Arabic names that begin with ayn or al- followed by ayn. I'm using a half circle for ayn. I have it marked in the sorting options to ignore the half circle in sorting, but Sky is not doing this. I had a similar problem with a previous index when Sky would not ignore an opening curly bracket at the beginning of an entry, although it was told to do so. I was using it for translations of some characters that wouldn't copy.

Is this a problem with Sky 8 (as I suspect) or am I really missing something?

Thanks.

AElfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)