RE: Cancelling copy on your end

ju...@writeguru.com

May 20, 2024, 7:45:19 PMMay 20
to Support, SKY Software, SKYIndexUsers

But when I can’t turn the computer on, how do I deactivate it? I need to uninstall it. I can’t do that if I can’t turn the computer on.

~Judi

May 20, 2024, 11:48:25 PMMay 20
to ju...@writeguru.com, SKYIndexUsers
Judi,

You don't need to uninstall in order to deactivate. Deactivating an installation, which can be done from another computer per Kamm's instructions, updates the licensing information on the remote license servers that SKY connects to over the Internet during the activation process.

--Shmuel Gerber

ju...@writeguru.com

May 21, 2024, 12:43:24 AMMay 21
to Shmuel Gerber, SKYIndexUsers, AElfwine Mischler

You are right! I’m so accustomed to SKY 7, which does not have that feature. Thank you to everyone who responded.

~Judi