Pattern Groups work around from Kamm

Siusan Moffat

Mar 10, 2023, 12:28:02 PM3/10/23
to SKYIndexUsers, Siusan Moffat

Hi all,

I sent Kamm the details on the loop problem using the Patterns. He responded and said I should share. (I haven't tried it myself!)

I’ve confirmed the infinite loop problem with pattern matching. I also have a workaround for you that you can share with the group if you wish.

1.      Setup SKY Index to use Regular Expressions in Preferences>General

2.      Change the find expression in the replace operation to (*)

3.      Change the replace expression in the replace operation to: $1@

Regular Expressions are basically a ‘standard’ way of doing pattern matching. They are, in my opinion, somewhat harder to understand than the default pattern matching in SKY Index but they are also much more powerful and worth learning if an indexer uses a lot of pattern matching as part of their indexing process.

You’ll no longer get an infinite loop.

--
Siusan Moffat,
Indexing Society of Canada member

I acknowledge that I live and work in the
territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat,
and the Mississaugas of the Credit River, now home to many
Indigenous Peoples and newcomers from around the globe. I
recognize that decolonization must be an active and ongoing
process of reconciliation.