SKY 8.0 quitting with ctrl + C (Windows 10 computer)

Line by Line Indexing

Feb 22, 2024, 7:22:18 PMFeb 22
to SKYIndexUsers
Hello,

This just started happening recently - when I use ctrl + C to copy text, SKY will quit. Some internet sleuthing revealed that ctrl + C is used on Windows computers to shut down programs. I'm not sure why this is kicking in while I am using SKY - this is a recent occurrence, and it doesn't happen all the time. And I can't think of anything I've changed.

Has anyone run into this before? If so, is there a solution?

I have my fingers crossed that someone can help!

Thanks in advance.

-Michelle
Michelle Guiliano
medicine & nursing - health care - natural sciences - social sciences

Our business hours might be different. Feel free to respond when it's convenient for you.

Siusan Moffat

Feb 22, 2024, 7:35:03 PMFeb 22
to Line by Line Indexing, SKYIndexUsers

Is it happening while in a group? This happens to me, and I'm pretty sure it's happened to others. However, I am at a loss of what to do. Most of my Sky 8 issues come and go with no real problems to the index I'm on. Not like Sky 7 which would require me to rename a project (which you can try if it's constantly happening and interfering with your work!)

Sorry I can't be any more help!

Siusan

Siusan Moffat,
Indexing Society of Canada member
http://about.me/siusanmoffat
absoluteindexing.com

I acknowledge that I live and work in the
territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat,
and the Mississaugas of the Credit River, now home to many
Indigenous Peoples and newcomers from around the globe. I
recognize that decolonization must be an active and ongoing
process of reconciliation.

Deborah Patton

Feb 22, 2024, 9:33:55 PMFeb 22
to Line by Line Indexing, SKYIndexUsers
I also can commiserate, but not fix.
I had an occasion where Google took over my keystrokes -- I have no idea what I did, but it was the keyboard commands that were affected. Until I could get my machine to the computer tech who could fix this, I had to rely on mousing around to get things done. So annoying! I use keyboard commands primarily in Sky so it slows me down to use my mouse -- but it is possible. Sometimes I had to try a menu, not find what I needed and tried the next one. I was amazed how I missed them since the keyboard commands do more than the mouse-activated ones. The tech guy (fortunately) didn't make me wait and it was an easy fix for him.
Lucky for you tomorrow is Friday and maybe you can get it fixed tomorrow...?
Hope so,
Deborah

Sandy

Feb 23, 2024, 11:58:02 AMFeb 23
to Deborah Patton, Line by Line Indexing, SKYIndexUsers
This was exactly what was happening to me using SKY 8. I finally got
in touch with Kamm but he said he was unable to replicate the problem.
Right now I am avoiding Copy and paste from SKY.

Sandy
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/skyindexusers/0DMLq4tAVUpxRP5SYU-6r2TO1jJz7F-BFdsurobvPdhnh29qTU5KpdKOy4qJt_Qyd3jTFAY05TkIpYRxDeANoMhrpixTd0uSmWxkNxdICG4%3D%40pattonindexing.com.

ju...@writeguru.com

Feb 23, 2024, 12:19:24 PMFeb 23
to Sandy, Deborah Patton, Line by Line Indexing, SKYIndexUsers

Ctrl + C

And it is problems like this that sent me back to SKY 7. I've used SKY 8 for two books--and then I decided it was too buggy.

~Judi

Shmuel Gerber

Feb 23, 2024, 2:00:37 PMFeb 23
to Line by Line Indexing, SKYIndexUsers
Something to try: Go into Windows settings and turn off "Clipboard history" and/or "Sync across devices".
--Shmuel Gerber