Pagination SKY 8

Heather Pendley

Nov 12, 2022, 9:30:17 PM11/12/22
to Kamm, SKY Software
I've never had an issue with repaginating an index in SKY before today; I only want to increase some by 6 pages. It looks like it's doing it but then doesn't change page numbers. What might I be missing?

Heather Pendley
Indexer│Copy Editor│Proofreader
Quick, Professional, Affordable
Click here to schedule a consultation
Reading is dreaming with your eyes open
   https://sdpen.com/member-profiles/pendley-heather/

Heather Pendley

Nov 13, 2022, 2:17:20 PM11/13/22
to Deborah Patton, SKYIndexUsers
I use SKY 8 (was in subject line) and I tried repagination the standard way: Repaginate under Tools, pages (=/+) 3.121 to (=/-) 3.200 by 6.

Heather Pendley
Indexer│Copy Editor│Proofreader
Quick, Professional, Affordable
Click here to schedule a consultation
Reading is dreaming with your eyes open
   https://sdpen.com/member-profiles/pendley-heather/

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 4:19 AM Deborah Patton <ma...@pattonindexing.com> wrote:
I'm not sure why I got this message. It didn't go to the users' list.
But you don't a) say which Sky version you use, and b) outline the steps you took to repaginate. What did you click on, what did you put in the blanks and which blanks did you put whatever in? Without knowing what steps you took, there's no way to tell what went wrong.
Deborah

Nov 13, 2022, 3:40:08 PM11/13/22
to Heather Pendley, SKYIndexUsers
Ah! You have complex locators.
Sky interprets the number before the period as a chapter.
Have you defined input and output separators and enabled recognition of chapter labels? Check Options>Index>Volumes/Chapters/Sections and make sure the index is configured for chapters.
Input and output separators should both be a period with no space after it.
If you do that, it should work.
Deborah