SKY 8 acronyms manager SOLVED

Heather Pendley

Jun 13, 2022, 11:00:45 PM6/13/22
to SKYIndexUsers, IndexersDiscussionList, INDEX-L Group
Kamm replied and let me know that I should use only lowercase acronyms. Per the manual:

During data entry, simply type a defined acronym plus a trailing space and it will be replaced with the full text plus a space. Do not worry about removing the trailing space if it appears at the end of your entry, SKY Index will remove it when you move the marquee to the next grid cell. The acronyms are not case sensitive.

To me, it just sounded like it wasn't necessary to use capitals for caps, lower for lowercase, etc., not that caps wouldn't work. Making a note in my manual!

Heather Pendley
Indexer│Copy Editor│Proofreader
Quick, Professional, Affordable
Click here to schedule a consultation
https://pendleysproediting.com/
   Reading is dreaming with your eyes open

                https://sdpen.com/member-profiles/pendley-heather/

Maria Sosnowski

Jun 14, 2022, 9:41:54 AM6/14/22
to SKYIndexUsers, IndexersDiscussionList, INDEX-L Group

Thanks for posting – those are instructions that are definitely unclear, since the acronyms are clearly case sensitive, just for lowercase.

Maria

Kamm replied and let me know that I should use only lowercase acronyms. Per the manual:

During data entry, simply type a defined acronym plus a trailing space and it will be replaced with the full text plus a space. Do not worry about removing the trailing space if it appears at the end of your entry, SKY Index will remove it when you move the marquee to the next grid cell. The acronyms are not case sensitive.

To me, it just sounded like it wasn't necessary to use capitals for caps, lower for lowercase, etc., not that caps wouldn't work. Making a note in my manual!

Heather Pendley

Indexer│Copy Editor│Proofreader
Quick, Professional, Affordable

Click here to schedule a consultation

PendleysProEditing.com

Image removed by sender. https://pendleysproediting.com/

   Reading is dreaming with your eyes open

                 Error! Filename not specified.Image removed by sender.

                Image removed by sender. https://sdpen.com/member-profiles/pendley-heather/

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg