Macro to go to last record

Pierke Bosschieter

Apr 30, 2024, 8:26:28 AMApr 30
to SKYIndexUsers
Hi all,

I wondered if someone has made a macro to go to the last empty record, the one with the little star in front. I have been trying to do this, but it alludes me. Is it even possible?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Pierke

Jochen Fassbender

Apr 30, 2024, 9:12:52 AMApr 30
to Pierke Bosschieter, SKYIndexUsers
Hi Pierke,

I think Ctrl+PageDown will get you to the last record, then use the
DownArrow key, so as to be ready for a new record. Thus, the macro
should contain ^{pgdn} and {down}.

Jochen

Deborah Patton

Apr 30, 2024, 9:47:25 AMApr 30
to Pierke Bosschieter, SKYIndexUsers
I'm trying to figure why you'd need/want that -- I generally work in As Entered order and to get to that last record I use the alternate keystrokes: ctrl+semicolon. Wouldn't pressing those keys get you to the last record as fast as a macro would?
I work in two phases -- reading/entering and then later editing -- which I mostly do in the Index Pane. Sometimes I re-order the index in the grid -- looking at it page order (Shift+F7), but I think about entering best in As Entered (Shift+F5).
Maybe I just got fast at this by learning the keystrokes for commands.
How do you work, Pierke?
Deborah

in...@lookwithinindexing.com

Apr 30, 2024, 11:49:31 AMApr 30
to SKYIndexUsers
I, too, use Ctrl ;

It works in Page order, As Entered order, and Alphabetic (Sorted) order.

Curious about the answer to Deborah's question.

All the best,

Mary

ju...@writeguru.com

Apr 30, 2024, 7:47:10 PMApr 30
to Deborah Patton, Pierke Bosschieter, SKYIndexUsers

I work the same way as Deborah—Shift+F5. During editing, I work in alpha order—Shift+F8. If I need to add, I use ctrl+semicolon

I memorized these commands so long ago that I don’t even think about it as I use them.

~Judi