One Drive

a.eh...@btinternet.com

Sep 15, 2022, 5:42:11 AM9/15/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Hi, all

My PC engineer set up One Drive for me for most of my files.

However, Sky 8 does not seem compatible and there are sync issues. I cannot easily delete folders or move documents across.

I just wondered if anyone else used OneDrive or backed up all their documents a different way, please?

These problems seem worse now I have a new PC!

Many thanks.

Siusan Moffat

Sep 15, 2022, 8:46:34 AM9/15/22
to a.eh...@btinternet.com, SKYIndexUsers

While I'll admit I don't know really know enough about Sky and One Drive I am very hesitant to use One Drive all that much myself. I will back up indexes every once in while (I'm not consistent) but I turn One Drive off immediately once I'm done any backing up. One time I had an issue with an index and I wanted to go back to a version from the next day but I had One Drive on and for some reason that version got replaced with the index with the issue. I'm not really sure what happened. It scarred me! I don't trust One Drive not to over write things. Just because I have a new version of something doesn't mean it's the one I want to keep - the ultimate version. I feel like I lose archive control with One Drive.

That's just the experience who maybe doesn't know how to use it correctly :)

Siusan

Siusan Moffat,
Indexing Society of Canada member
http://about.me/siusanmoffat
absoluteindexing.com

I acknowledge that I live and work in the traditional
territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat,
and the Mississaugas of the Credit River, now home to many
Indigenous Peoples and newcomers from around the globe. I
recognize that decolonization must be an active and ongoing
process of reconciliation.

Kathy Berry

Sep 15, 2022, 10:16:40 AM9/15/22
to SKYIndexUsers
I use OneDrive for pretty much all of my files and have had no problems using it with Sky 8.  I have it set up so that I can work with my OneDrive files right in my File Explorer, so that makes it easier for me to use.  I have Windows 10.

Kathy

Cheryl Lenser

Sep 15, 2022, 10:38:50 AM9/15/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Mine is set up the same way. I haven't run into any significant issues with either OneDrive or Sky 8 with this setup.

Cheryl

--
Cheryl Lenser
Professional freelance indexer & editor