problems with SKY 7

Pam Sanchez

Nov 11, 2022, 4:26:06 PM11/11/22
to SKYIndexUsers

Ok, I do really REALLY appreciate all the help you all have given me.  I uninstalled SKY7 and re-installed it just now.  Opened up an index that is very simple, ran a spell check, and the error check, backed it up.  Then I asked it to generate the index.  It ‘did it’s thing’, but did NOT overwrite the previous one that is in the file that it is supposed to go to.  Looked there, it is still dated yesterday, not this afternoon.

Maria, I tried to set the number of columns in Word after the index generated (I ended up using the file from yesterday) and couldn’t get the column thing to work there.  I remembered that in order to have something ‘change’ in word after you open the document, you have to highlight all the text before making the change.  I did that, it didn’t work.  So, again, I am stuck.  Ugh

After the new install of SKY7, I opened my Exam Index and asked it to generate the index.  Again, this new document is NOT even showing up in the file that it is supposed to be in.

I am going to continue working on my Exam Index, I don’t have the kind of time that I can waste trying to figure this all out.  I am at the editing stage, so I am sure I will be making more changes to that file.

Thanks AGAIN

Pam

sese...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2022, 10:39:47 AM11/12/22
to SKYIndexUsers
Sounds like a job for Sky Forensics Co. ...

J.

Pam Sanchez

Nov 12, 2022, 11:27:13 AM11/12/22
to sese...@gmail.com, SKYIndexUsers