Ignoring elision on 'ten' figure

Gary Kirby

Nov 15, 2023, 10:39:10 AM11/15/23
to skyind...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using Hart's modified for page range conflation in my current index. The editor has asked where the 'ten' figure appears not to elide. So 70-71 instead of 70-1, 170-71 instead of 170-1 etc.

I've looked at and played around with the various options but I can't find a way of achieving this.

Could anyone advise please?

Thanks

Gary

Jochen Fassbender

Nov 15, 2023, 7:27:14 PM11/15/23
to Gary Kirby, skyind...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

This conflation request is quite weird. I'd like to know the answer as well.

The problem is if you customize a range like 170-179 (Changed Part,
Repeat 100s, MinDigits 2), you not only get 170-71 but also ranges like
175-78 instead of 175-8.

Anybody else trying?

Jochen

lhayl...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2024, 5:37:38 AMMar 6
to SKYIndexUsers
Try this - it does work but please don't ask me to explain it!

Good luck,
Linda
Locator Conflation Rules.docx