settings for replies in the group

AElfwine Mischler

Dec 28, 2020, 1:48:33 PM12/28/20
to SKYIndexUsers
This is for the group moderators. When I have a question for the group, the replies appear to come only to me, not to the group. And when I reply to the replier, it only goes to them unless I remember to add the group as a recipient.

Could these settings be changed so that all replies go to the group? It would help if others could see what has already been suggested, and we might all learn from answers.

Thanks.

AElfwine Mischler
Personal email: aelfwine...@gmail.com
Member, Editorial Freelancers Assoc. (EFA)
Member, American Society for Indexing (ASI)

John Bealle

Dec 28, 2020, 1:56:50 PM12/28/20
to AElfwine Mischler, SKYIndexUsers
AElfwine -

I am afraid this setting is not going to be changed. This is because of the severity of the consequences for each of the two options.

If you forget to Reply All, the result is that you have to resend your message to the group. That is an inconvenience, as you say.

If the default were Reply All and you did that by mistake, you'd risk sending sensitive personal information to the group that you'd meant only for an individual. I have seen this happen on email lists and it is very unpleasant.

- John Bealle, moderator

John Bealle jbe...@ej345.com 513-515-7473