moderator: delayed approval of messages/membership

John Bealle

Mar 13, 2023, 3:13:33 PM3/13/23
to skyind...@googlegroups.com
Hello Skyindexusers members -

I want apologize for the delayed approval of messages and new membership.

Long ago, Google promptly and automatically sent moderators an alert that there was a message or new membership awaiting approval. In recent years these messages are not at all reliable. Sometimes I will respond to an approval alert and find several others waiting, some several weeks old. Some time ago I tried to research the problem and got nowhere.

What's more, our list is set up with "no moderation." Messages are not supposed to need approval at all, and in days of yore I do remember they would go straight to the list without delay. My assessment is that this is broken and not a priority for Google.

If you send a message to the list or you subscribe or know someone who has subscribed, you should get a response within a few hours. If there are time zone issues or I am off the grid temporarily, I would say a 12-hour delay would be unusual.

If this happens, it is possible that I have no idea the message is waiting. If you wish, feel free to give me a gentle nudge at the moderator address: skyindexu...@googlegroups.com.

- John Bealle, moderator